Monday, March 04, 2013

Waiting

As a Catholic Lent is a time of penance, prayer, and alms giving. It is a time of reflection. It is a lot of overtime and extra stress at the Church office. It is a time of waiting. Always waiting. In the words of The Princess Bride's Indigo Montoya, "I hate to wait."

This past week my youngest goddaughter celebrated her first confession. This is both wonderful and terrifying. Napoleon is growing up so fast. This occurrence prompted her younger sister, Attila to be very unhappy. Tia, her mother, took her in her lap and tried to relate. "It must be very frustrating when we all are doing something and you cannot do it yet." With this Attila got indignant and informed her, "No, you all get to get clean but I'm still dirty." Needless to say, Attila has a better grasp of the Sacrament of Reconciliation than most adults I know.

Now I am thinking about my soul and wondering when was the last time I really had it cleaned? I change my socks every day and my jeans every other day. I've cleaned out my car, my purse, and my room in the last month, but when was the last time I went to Reconciliation. It is with thought in mind that I have made up my mind to go and reconcile myself with God again. As a Lenten reminder I invite everyone else to do the same. After all, we get to "get clean" and that isn't something that should ever wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment