Sunday, March 31, 2013

April Not Fools- A quest

If you had told me yesterday that today I would be writing a blog post close to midnight about the quest that I just had I would laugh.  Then I would say some great line about life being either one grand adventure... or something.  Have I mentioned that I like adventures.  

So I have had a rough couple weeks.  With back to back family visits, a few new sacraments, a gluten free trial, lent, lent at a church office, and ultra passive aggressive battles, I was really looking forward to a quiet- er... quieter weekend.  Even though I knew that the Triduum (the three main Holy Days during Holy Week; Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter) would be far from quiet, I wasn't expecting this much... excitement. Then Easter happened. I promise never to complain about a boring family party ever again. 

I was really looking forward to a night in with the girls.  Then I found myself swept off on an adventure in search of a magical herb that could save the fair princess from a horrible spell, the root of which involved the horrible and deplorable ingredient of incense (who needs a dragon when there is such a vile thing as incense about?) Many had tried to heal her but none had succeeded.  Accompanying me on my quest was the lovely maiden fair, Koshka, and the dwarf healer, Lorelai. Our quest took us to a place that I loathe at an ungodly hour, but we finally succeeded. 

And so I went to WalMart to get Benadryl.  And Koshka looked and felt much better.  And then we all slept.  Until we were woken up by Snowflake at another ungodly hour.

The End.
*I really did write this after midnight but the computer doesn't believe me and it keeps on saying that it is March.  Apparently even blogger is playing an April Fools joke on me."

No comments:

Post a Comment