Monday, March 25, 2013

Come Back to the Cross

Every year since I was eighteen I have written a Lenten song during Lent.  It is a way for me to focus and to share my love of music and more importantly, my love of God.  I've played several of them on retreat and given rights away for bands to play.  This is my latest one.  It's not quite finished.  But it will be soon. 

Verse1
You carry such a heavy burden
And the fear that you will never be enough
You think that someday everyone will leave you
And that you can never truly be loved

Chorus
But I'm not going to leave you
I will never abandon you
You have always been safe in my arms
Come back to the Cross
Here you'll find what you thought lost
Springs of mercy abound here
And drive away all fear
Here real grace can be found
And true love is all around
You can always find me here
Just come back to my Cross

Verse2
You think that everyone just wants to use you
That everyone will hurt you if you learn to trust
You think that everyone will disappoint you
But no one disappoints you more than yourself

Bridge
You think that you drove me away
And You could never make me stay
But love has always been here
Why can't you see it
I've placed my love within you
Why can't you have faith in Me too?
I have loved you always
Why can't you feel it?
I knew you before you were in the womb
A father's love is always true
To eternity
You must know this

No comments:

Post a Comment