Monday, August 04, 2014

Tap Dancing Purple Semis

A friend of a friend has this theory, that whenever she is uncertain about something, or wants God to make a decision for her, she asks Him to send her a sign: a purple semi truck.  Now you or I or anyone who lives anywhere near civilization will probably see a purple semi on a semi regular basis. It may be that we don't see just purple semis because they aren't the most popular color, but we see them. She doesn't see them at all except when she's asking God for an answer.  She calls it the "tap dancing purple semis" because when she sees them that's ALL that she sees. I find this more than a little humorous. 
 
Since I heard this I tried to view seeing a purple semi the same way. Obviously this doesn't work as well because 1.) it's not my sign and 2.) I go in the Interstate at least twice day near one of the larger cities in Texas and consequently I see lots of purple semis.  That being said there are still some days where it seems that I am surrounded by them and they make me smile. 
 
I tried testing her theory a few months ago- to see if He would show me what He wanted in a more tangible way. And all of a sudden all I could see were purple semis. Unfortunately, I STILL didn't know what He wanted. It seems the more I saw the semis the more lost I was.  And then, about a week ago, while stuck in a horrible traffic jam, that maybe the point wasn't supposed to be that He was giving me the answers. Maybe the point of the semis- the point of the sign from Him- was to remind me that He's still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment