Friday, August 29, 2014

Morning Offering

Good morning Lord,
 
I guess You've been pretty quiet lately.  A part of me wonders if it's because I've been pretty quiet too. It seems we've both been pretty busy with my life. I know You kept that truck from broadsiding me this morning and You got me up before my alarm so that we would have that special time together in the car. And then You gave me time in the quiet. Sometimes I forget how sweet You can be.
 
Lately I've been having trouble with enough: enough sleep, enough to eat, enough quiet, enough work, enough busy, but I can handle that. What I can't seem to handle is not enough time with You.  I am feeble and I forget. Help me to remember everything that You do for me. Remind me again of Your love and Your patience. Remind me of Your mercy. Show me again that You are there and that You've got this whole world thing handled. Be with me, Lord.
 
After all, I am completely Yours, and You are totally mine.
 
-Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment