Monday, August 18, 2014

Because I'm Happy

Some of you may have noticed I've been writing less this month. Ironically, that is not the case- I just haven't been posting very much on here. I've been busy taking care of other peoples pets and houses, losing a pet myself, studying for a big test at work, preparing for a new school year in ESL and battling various life changes with my close friends. Preparing for one friend's wedding as another friend moved to Florida and yet another friend moved to Texas. Add in all the usual things I do over the course of a week and you get the picture.
 
I was visiting some of my neighbors last night and she noted, "You look really tired... and it's Sunday night." I tried to smile when I told her, "I'm usually tired these days." She laughed; I didn't.
 
And yet, as I dragged myself out of bed this morning, and searched in vain for a dress I have managed to misplace, turned the kasha to low, and remembered to grab my work keys, I thought, my life isn't so bad. I got caught in traffic and that was tiring but not so bad either. A few years ago I would have been done in by so much happening and I wondered what had changed. I guess it's a lot easier to deal with every little stress and every little distraction because I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment