Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ten Reasons

Here's my list- it's etched in stone- the perfect, perfect guy for me... wouldn't have any of these.

10 Reasons Why You Should Not Tempt Fate and Date Him

I'm sure most of theses are "no-brainers" or at least you'd have no brain to date one of them but believe it or not either I or someone I lived with dated all of these men at one point or another.  Read on- at least you'll get a laugh.  
1. If he uses the phrase, "You're just like your Mother."  Even if it's true, you just don't want to deal with that because every time he's upset it comes up. He is belittling you and it doesn't matter if it is in public or in private.  Respect is important in all relationships but especially in romantic ones.

2. If he calls you and leaves ten messages on your machine, sobbing hysterically, if you don't answer the phone for two hours.  (okay, maybe this one applies more for me because I frequently leave my phone out in the car or it gets lost in my bed and I don't really worry about it cause- hey, it's a phone, not a lifeline.)

3. If he ever makes you feel like you aren't beautiful, wonderful, or worthy. Seriously. Ladies, you deserve to be cherished.

4. If he ever ignores you when you tell him "no." I would elaborate but I might be tempted to slug someone again.

5. If he wastes your time by lying and then lies to get out of it after you've caught him. Liars lie- the end. They can't be cured and it's not worth the breath to try.
6. If you ever feel like you have to be the "adult" in the relationship because he's being that immature.  Again, sometimes women are more mature than men but if you have to remind him that he needs to do his laundry or he won't have any clothes or he needs to feed the cat or it will die...

7. If he ever talks about the girl(s) he dated before you as "the one who got away" because they might come back. It's like having sword hanging over your head hanging by a thread. It doesn't get better.

8. If you can use the following sentence to describe him, you should not date him.  "He had the body of an oak tree and the brain of an acorn." In addition to being one of my favorite lines from a movie ever... It would be nice if beautiful men had big brains, but let's face it, they are a hot commodity (pun intended) and rare.

9. If he ever cheats on you. See number Five again. Seriously.

10. If he routinely "forgets" to tell you big things. I'm not talking about "I'm going to the grocery store" but more along the lines of "I'm leaving the state for a week in three days.
We've all been there. You're young- you're in love- but you must have left your brain in your other purse. I'm sure there are exceptions to every rule but if you ignore one of the rules you are inviting pain in.

No comments:

Post a Comment