Wednesday, June 04, 2014

He Always Comes For me

If I ever were in a band again I would call it "The Way Back". If I ever write my memoirs I would title it the same.  Many people know my history- that I haven't always been Catholic, I haven't even always been Christian.  I've done the wrong thing for the right reason along with the right thing for the wrong reason more times than I care to reminisce.  I thought I was in love once and I thank my lucky stars that I wasn't. I've made idols of men and money and people.  I've been a horrible example.  I've made the same mistakes again and again and again.  

The only thing that stays the same is that He calls me back. And the only thing that seems to change is how God calls me back. 

Sometimes it is through heart ache; who am I kidding; it usually is through heart ache.  Sometimes He calls me back through the voice of a family member or a friend.  Sometimes He calls me back by putting me in a terrifying situation where I'm sure I'm going to meet my Maker momentarily.  Sometimes He leaves me to sit and think about what I've done.  Sometimes He calls to me in the eyes of a stranger or by seeing an old friend again.  

Of one thing I am certain, if I wait, He always comes for me.  Who wouldn't want a love like that?

P.S. I know I published this note this morning, but it's something I've been working on for a while.  Fear not for dramatic happenings in my personal life that may have inspired this.

No comments:

Post a Comment