Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Forever is a Long Time

This is the last verse of one of the best songs I ever wrote.  It is one of the few songs I've written from my perspective. What's more is a I wrote it about grief. In case you haven't been following my recent posts, I've been thinking about loss a lot of late. I've also been thinking about acceptance and forgiveness. Not for anyone in particular, but it is a good practice to go through. This song is about facing what is holding you back, and so I pose the question, what is holding you back from being close to God?



And everything is made brand new
And though you may never forget
Perhaps you can’t be happy
Until you’ve really wept
You can’t love without loss
You can’t laugh until you’ve cried
Goodbye is not forever
When God is by your side
 

No comments:

Post a Comment