Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Lumps

All of life's problems can be summed up with lumps, at least according to my godmother. Of course there are different categories of lumps- lumps in your oatmeal, lumps in your throat, and lumps in your breast. Misplaced keys would be oatmeal while my Mother having a stroke would be a breast style lump.
 
It has always been easy for me to distinguish the first and the last category of lump, but I've always had difficulty discerning a lump in my throat style of lump.  In fact, it usually takes someone else pointing out my lumps for me to notice them.  Last week I had this unshakable feeling that something bad was about to happen and I was afraid to tell anyone about it.  Last night I found my lump.
 
As bad as today is going to be, I am reminded that although I may be having a lump in my throat today, it is not a lump in my breast and therefore I should rejoice. Well, maybe not rejoice, but I will remember, as I always try to, that this too shall pass, God will lead me back, and that this isn't the end.  Just the same I would appreciate some extra prayers today and for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment