Friday, August 03, 2012

The ring


Around my neck on a chain
I wear a ring with silver writing.
Its inscription is simple but it was made for me:
"True Love Waits" is a sign for all to see.
 My Father gave it to me when I was quite young,
To remind that there are all kinds of love.
When I see the chain and I see the ring
I am reminded of my family. 

On my left hand there is a blue stone
To remind me that I'm not alone.
A Mother's love gave it to me
To remind me of her and of Queen Mary
Eight points on a crown for heaven and earth
To remind me that she's with me since my birth
When I look upon the blue stone on my hand
I think of my family when I feel it's silver band

In my ear is diamond and a pearly bead
An ever constant whisper of an echo that I need
From a loved one that is gone and that I wish to follow
To a land that is grander and is greatly hallowed
The earring belonged to her when she was still young
And she gave her to her granddaughter, the child of her son
When I see the earring once so close and so dear
I'm reminded those that love me and pretend that they are here



No comments:

Post a Comment