Friday, August 24, 2012

Echoes from the past- I screamed

I recently came across some of my old blogposts from before I had a blog and decided to share them again because they make me laugh.  This one took place in 2009.

  For those of you who know me, I don't cringe at many things. I am one of those strange girls who actually like "creepy crawlys." In fact I actually enjoy being around insects, arachnids, lizards, amphibians, snakes, etc.- or at least I did, up until today.
Tonight I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark... during which Suze jumped and adjusted her feet, making sure there were no spiders around (from the opening scene). Then when Harrison Ford found the snakes (specifically asps and cobras), we analyzed why they were hissing so much and how they could survive at all if they were supposed to have been buried for a few thousand years.
After the movie we went downstairs for a late night snack and Susan thought she saw something fall and voiced that she thought it was a cockroach. It wasn't, just for the record. Later, as I was climbing the stairs, Steven mentioned that they had once found a scorpion in their living room. I thanked Steven for not telling me this while I was in the living room, or even at ground floor.
Let it be known, that by this point I was more than a little skittish. I am not normally a jumpy person... but for the record, I have only held one of the aforementioned creep-crawlies... that being the cockroach and it was about eight-inches long, very much alive, and in a zip-locked plastic bag. I found it creepy then too, however this was not my greatest scare of the night.
You can imagine my alarm, as I was telling Steven that the only scorpions I had ever seen had been in three inches of solid glass when I had the terror of finding something alive in my sink! And now for the moment you all have been waiting for; I screamed. For the record, I somewhat sheepishly admit, it was only a silver fish. I have a queezy stomachs when it comes to killing things so I had Suze kill it. Normally I am a softy and I really don't like to kill anything period, but this is my fair warning to all bugs and vermin if I find you, you will die.  Also, I'm getting a squirrel.


No comments:

Post a Comment