Monday, August 20, 2012

The Rock (and other Emo poetry) written a long time ago

The Rock

I am granite                                                             I am marble
Cold, gray, and rough                                             Solid and devoid of love and strife
You may chip away at the surface                          You may wait to see me change
But you can't break a heart you can't touch            But you'll be all your life


Touch me; I won't feel it
Soothe me and you won't heal it
I was broken; am I still
You could find a way in
but you never will

I am a diamond
Never scratched- lovely to see
But all you notice is the surface
You think when you see through me that you see me

I am sand
Worn away and dried
Washed upon the seashore
Of an ocean I have cried
I once built a wall around me
To protect myself; an outer shell
But now I'm all alone here- my home here where I dwell
Every word I hear
Is an echo of myself
There's no one to see you cry
When your company is only yourself
No one can hurt me
You can't hurt what you can't touch
I may live to regret my wall
Perhaps I do now; but not much

The End

No more tears
No more fears
No more looking at what I could’ve done
God knows best
And knows the rest
And I would do better to trust Him
I didn’t do something wrong
He might’ve done something right
And I’d do better not to focus on them in spite
This isn’t the end
That boy is not my friend
And it can’t be the end if all is not right

Speak 

It’s the things that you don’t say
That get stuck in my head
That riddle my mind
That haunt me in bed
It’s what you say with your eyes
That tear me away
That hurt me inside
It’s what you don’t say 

No comments:

Post a Comment