Saturday, July 07, 2012

New Experiences

I have lived in Texas for three years now and in those three years I have had many new experiences.  Many of these experiences were things I never expected (or in one case, wanted) to do in my life.  I've gotten lost in the city and the country.  I've had a devil of a time understanding local pronunciations (i.e. Guadalupe Street is locally pronounced "Gwah-dah-loop").  I've walked through cow fields and come face to face with cowboys and truckers and run into more critters than I care to mention.  I've worked on vehicles of multiple shapes and sizes, including a pickup truck, and actually managed to fix something.  I've come face to face with a horse who weighed about six times as much as I do.  I've learned to change a tire and gas and I've even learning how to mow the lawn.  This week I can add another thing to my list of things I never thought I would get to do in this life time.  









That's right people, I now know how to fire a gun.  Alter your travel plans as necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment