Saturday, June 30, 2012

Being sick is sickening

Being sick  is ghastly.  The endless bed rest, nothing to do but sleep, not being up for anything but sleep the kindly excuses by everyone to cancel plans with you, and the quiet.  I know this sounds like vacation but for me there is nothing worse than being alone... alone and bored.  After two days from a stomach bug followed by pink eye I am ready to fire this week.  When I told this to Jonathan he kindly offered, "Out of a cannon?"
To rest my eyes I have all but given up using the computer (hence the late blog post), reading, and any of my crafts that require hours of concentration and eyesight.  Even this post I am typing while gazing at the ceiling and am only going to do a cursory glance at it when I am done typing (I apologize for any spelling errors or grammatical nonsense that I am certain I shall spew forth before I am done.)  The good news is that I am getting better.  The bad news is that I am still sick.
To make my involuntary sabbatical from writing easier, Tia kindly downloaded an audio book onto my much neglected iPod, for which I will be eternally grateful.  The book in question is very confusing and I have to concentrate when listening to it, causing all sorts of miscommuniations around the house.  Ah well, a few more days and I hope I shall be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment