Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Soap Box: Good Songs Gone Sour

You ever hear a song on the radio and it's really good. Of course you come in half way through so you're a little lost but you listen anyways. The tune gets caught in your head and you find yourself singing the chorus long after the song has ended? You remember it for days and then finally, it comes on again. You're excited because you get to hear what that song is about and what it's called and who's it by! And then you realize that your wonderful song is about something terrible- something you don't want to be caught knowing, let alone singing. And so you sulk.
 
That's where I am right now. Therefore, I'm gonna rewrite these beautiful songs with lovely melodies and atrocious lyrics. I'm gonna make them tolerable. I'm going to make them better. And then I'm going to go sulk in my corner again because they were supposed to be GOOD songs and no matter how much I change them they're still about something bad. Grumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment