Monday, September 15, 2014

My Happy Thoughts List

This Saturday morning I woke to the first damp, drizzly, windy, cold-enough-to-need-a-jacket day in a REALLY long summer. I'll admit- I'm elated. I love this. This is my kind of weather.

I went for a walk. I took the dog. I tried to take Attila but she changed her mind and forgot to tell me. I came back. I had hot chocolate with Raspberry, which a friend in college turned me onto. I took a nap. I dressed in long sleeves. I've been having a truly, epicly, good day. Then I started making a list of all of my favorite parts of fall.
  1. Apple scented candles.
  2. Autumn leaves.
  3. Birds flying "South" for the winter.
  4. Candy Cane hot chocolate.
  5. Cold wind in my face as I walk out the front door.
  6. Chasing down whatever child has borrowed my hat this week.
  7. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin muffins.
  8. Christmas lights coming out of the box.
  9. Crisp cold mornings.
  10. Crunchy leaves.
  11. Eighty pounds of apples.
  12. Eskimo kisses.
  13. Fake chattering teeth.
  14. Fall wreaths.
  15. Fire in the fireplace.
  16. Frost on the windows
  17. GLOVES!.
  18. Halloween.
  19. Harvest Moons.
  20. Having to run back inside to get warmer clothes.
  21. Hats and jacket combos.
  22. Heaters.
  23. Holding little gloved hands.
  24. Hot chocolate with raspberry.
  25. Jumping in the leaf pile.
  26. Leaf Angels.
  27. Making apples sauce.
  28. No more bugs.
  29. Norbert sitting on my feet.
  30. Peppermint coffee.
  31. Pumpkins.
  32. Rain boots scattered in the entry way.
  33. Raking leaves.
  34. Real Apple Cider
  35. Rain dances.
  36. Running after Attila with her hat.
  37. Running to get out of the rain.
  38. Relishing standing in the rain.
  39. Scarves.
  40. "Sneaking" out early to play in the cold with the kids.
  41. Snow angels.
  42. Snuggling with Attila because she's "cold".
  43. Stage-three candy.
  44. Thanksgiving dinner with Mischa's family.
  45. Tiny people hiding under my jacket while I'm wearing it.
  46. Turkey.
  47. Using all my blankets.
  48. Warm boots with mismatched socks.
  49. Wind blowing the hair out of my face.
  50. Wrapping Napoleon up in her scarf so she can't move but she's warm.
For the record, this is just the beginning of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment