Friday, September 12, 2014

Book Post

So I have fifteen fairly unimpressionable students that I am attempting to teach English as a second language. My youngest students are in their early twenties and my oldest students are old enough to be my grandparents. I am trying to encourage an environment of reading and writing. I am having them write sentences and we're working on paragraphs. 
 
I am trying to set up a book lending group within the class. What books should I have them read outside of class? Keep in mind that their speaking level is higher than their reading level. One of my students would prefer books that have pictures. Some of them are higher level than that but none of them are at a normal English Speaking Adult Reading level. This is not meant as an insult; they are working hard and are learning, but I want to help them expand their abilities without scaring them with the enormity of the task they are undertaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment