Monday, September 01, 2014

On the Last Day of a Perfect Summer Weekend

Have you ever been outside when that first gust of Fall comes blowing down your path? When the clouds all start playing tag with the sunshine? When the leaves give a wistful smile as they think that they soon shall be going on lots of grand adventures? When the sky is perfectly blue and the trees perfectly green on the last perfect day of Summer? I think that was today.

Oh sure, the last day of Summer isn't technically until September 21st, but I don't believe it. I believe that fall is coming and it is so close you can almost taste it. I believe a lot of things but I'm longing for fall. I'm praying for fall. I'm hoping for fall. I am sitting and awaiting in joyful expectation of what might soon be cooler weather, and pleasant walks out in the less than murky heat of the evening. I have so much to look forward too. Even if school starts tomorrow and I have tons and tons to do before then. I am ready for one more adventure; how bout you?

1 comment: