Friday, July 29, 2011

I Wanna Marry a Guy Like THAT

In the car I was listening to KLove, which for those of you who don't listen to the radio (or at least not that station), KLove is the Christian Rock, alternative music station for the greater part of the United States.  Today I was listening to the KLove Scott and Kelly show while I drove home, trying to keep my mind occupied.  Kelly is on vacation, which makes it the, er- Scott show (catchy, I know) when Scott decided it was time to make an announcement.  So Scott calls the number and asks politely to speak to "Sierra Mitchell." (For the record, I'm not certain of the last name on this one.)  The gentleman on the phone inquires who this is and Scott and the gentleman go around in circles for a minute, inquiring if Sierra is there, being further questioned by the guy, before Scott finally gets frustrated and said, "I want to tell Sierra some great news!"  The gentleman responded in an equally irritated voice, "I would love to let you but it's kinda wierd that a grown man is calling my twelve-year-old daughter!"  Scott had the grace to act embarassed and responded, "I understand.  I have kids of my own.  This is Scott from the Scott and Kelly show on KLove.  I'm calling to tell your daughter, Sierra, that she is the Grand Prize Winner of our contest." 

Normally, I enjoy the Scott and Kelly show, but let me tell you, today I lost it and almost had to pull off the freeway because I was laughing so hard.  I am very happy to know that there are over protective dads like that still out in the universe.  I'm glad that they exist and gosh darn it, I wanna marry a man like that.

1 comment:

  1. I am reminded of a very awkward conversation I had with your father a number of years ago. You wanted me to call Danny and tell him you were running late for Mass, but neglected to tell me he had a new phone and his old one now belonged to Mary Elizabeth. That was the first time I ever spoke to your dad, and he was rather curious to know why an unknown out-of-state number was calling his then-13-year-old daughter. I was absolutely mortified.

    ReplyDelete