Monday, July 25, 2011

50 Things that made me happy today

1) NOT waking up to a yowling cat.
2) Waking up to happy children.
3) Being able to see my floor.
4) Morning prayer with the baby in my lap.
5) Coffee.
6) Coffee that doesn't taste like coffee.
7) Coffee that tastes like chocolate.
8) Coffee that tastes like chocolate AND raspberry. 
9) Sunshine- glorious, warm, clear, and bright sunshine.
10) Not feeling the affects of the aforementioned sunshine.
11) Clean teeth- mmmmmmm.
12) Being able to recognize the power tools I would need.
13) Being to find said power tools.
14) Realizing that we were out of the right kind of nails. 
15) A full tank of gas.
16) Remembering where I was going before I arrived at the wrong destination.
17) Not finding the renters' humongous, slobbering dog in the backyard.
18) Remembering the tape measure and figuring out how to use it. 
19) Going to the bank and talking with a PLEASANT bank employee.
20) Depositing money in the bank. 
21) Not falling out of my car when trying to put the &%($# thing back while remaining half in the car. 
22) Texting my Mother before she woke up this morning.
23) Sitting in a cool car while waiting for the bank lady to come back.
24) Feeling the wind play across my face.
25) Feeling the wind pull tendrils of my hair loose from my updo. 
26) Driving 60mph (or about that anyways) on 79.
27) Not seeing any cops. 
28) Having a CD in the car when there was nothing interesting on the radio. 
29) Driving out to Hutto.
30) Contacts.
31) Contacts that work. 
32) Cool blue sunglasses that make me look like a dork.
33) Cutoffs and dirty white tennis shoes without socks.
34) Finding that the home repair store is precisely where I left it- I mean where I remember it being. 
35) Remembering my cellphone in the car BEFORE I was in the store.
36) Being young and cute and absolutely ridiculous.
37) Being able to get immediate help because of the previous happy thought. 
38) Talking with the nice man from Chicago about the plank of wood I needed.
39) Finding out that there are nice people from Chicago (yes, Laura, that was a joke.)
40) Finding the three inch nails. 
41) Purchasing both items from people who know where Disneyland is.
42) Thinking about Disneyland.
43) Thinking about California.
44) Thinking about living in Texas.
45) Not scratching my window with the plank of wood. 
46) Not screaming when the car seat in the back seat lunged forward and hit the back of mine when I stopped at the stop sign. 
47) Driving back to the rental house.
48) Fixing the fence.
49) Fixing the fence all by myself.
50) Making all the neighbors laugh while they watched me fix the fence. 
51) A celestial breeze combined with the morning Texas temperatures. 
52) Realizing that fixing the fence wasn't that hard.
53) Driving home.
54) Driving home and thinking of ways to spoil small children. 
55) Thinking about Irene's birthday.
56) Thinking about Irene's birthday and knowing what she is going to get from her godmommy this year.
57) Laughing at the bird in the road.
58) Smiling at the song on the radio.
59) Arriving home.
60) Remembering to unload Bennie.
61) Loving Bennie.
62) Being greeted by the happy cheers of the baby.
63) Being greeted by the disgruntled peels of the cat.
64) Seeing all five children convening happily with their mother. 
65) Listening to my godmommy discuss Moses with her children. 
66) Helping Rebecca think of things to write to her new penpal. 
67) Helping Jonathan write a letter.
68) Helping Jonathan write a love letter.
69) Helping Jonathan. 
70) Watching the baby.
71) Reading to the baby. 
72) Reading to the baby from her favorite story.
73) Knowing the baby loves Disney princesses as much as I do. 
74) Making a deal with the baby to fold the rags in half in exchange for another book.
75) Watching the baby fold the rags in half so I don't have to.
76) Hearing the baby discuss how "Pinky", Rebecca's rabbit, is her favorite. 
77) Admiring Jonathan's ninja picture.
78) Admiring Jonathan's ninja picture and recognizing what it is.
79) Going over 50 in my list of 50 things that make me happy. 
80) Texting Sasha.
81) Realizing that there are two bags of cherries that HAVE TO be eaten today.
82) Plotting- I mean planning dinner. 
83) Being smelly from physical labor. 
84) Smelling like grass and wood chips.
85) Being told I smell like grass and wood chips by the baby.
86) Funny emails from Matt.
87) Dancing with the baby.
88) Helping the baby color.
89) Having the baby put away the rags.
90) Having the baby put away the rags that SHE folded.
91) Holding Pinky for the baby while she puts away the rags.
92) Thinking of the yummy dinner that will be made eventually.
93) Notifications on facebook from my sister. 
94) Notifications that are not dire. 
95) Being informed by the ten-year-old what I should do to relax.
96) Listening to the baby say that she needs to take a break from her very industrious morning.
97) Irene's hair.
98) Rebecca making lunch.
99) Knowing my Bible is in my purse. 
100) Knowing that it's not even 12.30 and there are a million more things that will make me happy today.

2 comments:

  1. :D most home improvement stuff isn't that hard. i'm glad you got done what you needed to, and that it wasn't that hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to think, I was worried I wouldn't have 25 things to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete