Friday, July 29, 2011

An Important Question

A word of wisdom popped into my head yesterday while I was going crazy.  It comes froman otherwise annoying and unmemorable boy that I met in college.  He said that he always told his friends what they meant to him because this life moves to quickly and you don't know when you'll get the chance to say it again.  More importantly, you don't know when you will not get the chance to say it again.  Every time people left his company he would drop a quick, "I love you."  I acquired the habit (to a lesser degree) and every time I get off the phone with my family I drop the line as well.  "I love you, Mama."  "I love you, boyo."  "I love you, Baby."  "I love you, Tia."  What I should say is, "I love you- don't ever forget it."  I always seem to forget that... but yesterday at the end of my rope and before I blew my temper, Jonathan asked me a question.
"Gabbie, do you know I love you?" 
I promise, there is nothing that little boy will ever do to make me forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment