Sunday, July 13, 2014

(In Parenthesis)

Last night I was exhausted. I won't lie. I got up at 5.30am in order to feed and water the cats, clean their kitty litter, and clean whatever mess they decided to make the previous night. Then (as a second thought) I made myself coffee, made myself lunch, and dashed out the door by 6.00am in order to run by one of the rental properties and take in the trashcans before someone reported them again. Following that I went to my day job where I stayed for nine hours and ten minutes, having (gratefully) arrived ten minutes early with enough time to apply my makeup.
After that I raced back to the rental house (in a record twenty minutes) to meet the repairman and his second in command (think Duck Dynasty), Locksmith (again) (late) (again), and cleaning lady (also late) (also again). Then while I waited between appointments (lots of tardiness) I started going through the insurmountable task of sorting through the trash, the donatable, and the "oh, I wish I had mind bleach!" Then my bff called me back. Read as "She and I talked while being interrupted by repairmen on my end and toddlers on her end." Some days I wish Virginia was a lot closer to Austin. Finally we gave up and called in a rain check.
Following that I got back to work entertaining myself by picking up all the lost coins scattered through the house (I filled two coffee cups- also left behind). I felt like I was walking around in Mario Kart and someone had let a shell loose. Then my cleaning lady showed up and asked me what I wanted clean (I resisted the urge to say "MY LIFE!) Then a friend came to help me sort followed by the second trip of the nutty Locksmith (seriously, the man looks Doc from Back to the Future and has a similar disposition.)

Finally we all finished up (or quit) for the day and I went home, ready to get a bite to eat, take a shower, and go to bed.  I was watching an episode to help me slow my mind when my very noisy phone went off.

"Hello?" I said into the received, barely registering the caller ID as I did.

"Hello, Gabbie", said the little voice of my youngest goddaughter.

"Hey, Baby," I replied in my most sympathetic voice, "How're you?"

"I'm fine," Napoleon said (sounding close to tears.)

"You don't sound fine," I responded.

"I'm just a little homesick", she said (then came the tears.)

"I miss you too," I whispered back. Twenty minutes (and a Prince Eric Dragon story) later we got off the phone. (And I felt better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment