Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Blast from the Past: Things I didn't expect I would need to learn in college

Once again we are treated to the times before I was the Gabbie Lady and was still delightfully young (and stupid) and in college.  This one comes from my Junior year of college, shortly after I moved in with some complete strangers that I now consider my dearest friends. 

1)  You should not go to bed five times in one day and still expect to get anything productive done in it.  (My only excuse for this one is that I was really sick that day.) 

2)  Roommates are not reliable alarm clocks. (When I got to Florida I couldn't find my phone or my alarm clock so I asked my roommate to wake me up before my first class.  She forgot and I woke up twenty minutes after my last class had started.  Let's just say we were off to a rockin start.)

3)  If one has trouble with something every previous year of college, why should one expect this thing to get easier with time? (I hated taking notes.  Ironic, isn't it?)

4)  Laughter isn't always the best way to react to a problem.  (Laughing after you've spilled all your schoolbooks in front of half the school, forgotten which classroom you are supposed to go to, lost the last remaining copy of one of them, and misplaced your phone charger again doesn't solve anything... but it does help the mood.) 

5)  You are never too tired to unpack your alarm clock. (Yes, this is in response to #2)

6)  With the new found free time you have from sleeping through class, you can unpack alarm clock. (I didn't.) 

7)  It is not wise to put clothes in bed (or roommates bed) until after you have reached the bottom to discover ants. (Yeah, Laura never quite forgave me for that one.  I still don't know why there were ants in there in the first place.) 

8)  One should not get mosquito bites in inappropriate places.  (Yes, I was itchy and no I couldn't scratch them.)  
 
9.)  One should always be prepared for rain in Florida.  (I don't think I owned an umbrella back then.)  
10.)  Never insult a boy holding a half dead fish.  (This one is pretty self explanatory, no?)  

11.)  One shouldn't study anywhere near their professor because he will distract you.  (It happened all the 

12.)  Doing a prank is a bad idea.  Inspiring someone else to do a prank is a grand idea... provided that they cannot trace it back to you.  Also, it would be helpful if they don't blame your big brother as he will seek revenge even if the recipients do not.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment