Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A million pairs of flip flops

We try to encourage a sense of thankfulness in this household.  In order to make it fun and more tactile we put them on colored post its that change shape with the season.  For spring we had flowers and butterflies.  For summer we had Suns and for Autumn we have apples.  I just found an old sheet of gratitude's or blessings and thought I'd share them because they make me happy.  I'll include the age of the kids who added them.


1) A love of history
2) Coffee
3) Ancient Egypt -8
4) Fun books -8
5) For my Calvin and Hobbes book which I am reading right now -4
6) Cars II -7
7) Star Wars Wii -5
8) Sleep-10 Oh yes, she's growing.  
9) Big cars
10) Notebooks and paper
11) Finn McMissile -8
12) Cars 1 -4.  We like Pixar movies here.  
13) Letters from my goddaddy -7.  Unfortunately for 7, his godparents live just close enough that we can visit them but just far enough that it is infrequent.  He lives for those letters and enjoys them greatly, showing them off to EVERYONE for a week.  
14) My pink water bottle -5
15) Little play school kits -10
16) Traffic and the patience it provides
17) My godbabies
18) For Rose -8
19) For my big Pinky -4  She has two pink bunnies- the bigger is called "Big Pinky" and the smaller is called "Little Pinky".
20) The three butterflies -7 At the time we were raising five chrysalis from caterpillars to butterfly and when we had left that morning there were still only three butterflies who had emerged.  We returned home a few hours later to find the last two coming out.  
21) Air conditioning and fans -7
22) For my favorite color- pink- 5
23) Whipped Cream- 10 She had just snitched it from my coffee.
24) Tender compassions of our God
25) For little boys
26) All museums that I have been to -8
27) The great play museum -4 Cause, ya know, we got to play there.
28) For tractors and Texas- 7.  I love little boys
29) Coming to live with Gabbie, Boo, Mama, Papa, and Bear. -5.  I would just like to point out that in this lineup, *I* came first.
30) "Our" Ukrainian Treasures. -10.  This was a running joke because we went to an exhibit on Ukraine entitled "Ukrainian Treasures".  
31) Purple semis and orange butterflies and pink roses.  All things that remind us that God loves us.  
32) A million pairs of flip-flops, some of which match.
33) Disney and my family. -8.  The order of this one amuses me.  
34) Animal and Princesses and presents- peace on earth. -4.  She is attempting to steal this from the Muppet Family Christmas
35) The letter "S" -7 This gratitude brought to you by Sesame Street.
36) for purple roses. -5
37) Weird cheeses. -10
38) Sage brush and chapparal.  I have no clue what that last word is.  
39)Cute Catholic Boys.  I would just like to point out that though this one is by me; it is a running joke.  I still think it's funny.  
40) Daddy and everything he does for us. -8 says the little boy who didn't have to help make dinner because Papa made it before we got home.
41) For all my owies.  -4.  For a child who is constantly plagued with scratches she has an unusual fondness for them.  
42) Toy Story characters -7
43) Jack, Bennie, and Aurora.  -5.  These are the names of our cars.
44) Archaeologists -10
45) Cellphones

No comments:

Post a Comment