Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall

One of the many things about this first year out of school that I was most looking forward to was Fall. I've experienced "autumn" in Florida and California in my life and I've been in Texas for Winter, Spring, and Summer (oh, how have I been here during summer) but I have yet to experienc Fall here... so this is big.

The coming of Fall brings many joys to my heart- joys I have never before experienced. Included in this is unpacking my winter clothes (scarves, oh how I have missed thee!!!!), winter goth boots (perfect for trekking through the six inch deep rain), and jackets... of which I only have denim. If you're looking for the perfect gift for me, I could use a warm jacket that isn't denim... or decorated with flowers/school emblems. In addition to this I get the joy of decorative squash, edible pumpkin chocolate chip muffins made from scratch (yes, they're even edible... please note: I didn't make them), and newest of all, apple cider. Apple cider should not dared to be confused with apple juice, sparkling cider, or apple wine. Well, maybe apple wine, but it's not the same thing. Steven attempted to explain the difference between apple cider and everything else but once I tried it I realized that no explanation is possible unless you've had it, in which case no explanation is necessary... sort of like God.

In true Texas kindness, though it has been "Autumn" here fore several weeks, we are still experiencing blustery 90o weather... punctuated by the occasional hurricane watch and flash flood warning. Thanks Texas. Fortunately the weather has been cooling down some and we are into the 80's this week... which of course include more soggy weather, overcast days, and endless humidity. Why did I leave Florida again? Who knows, maybe a cold front is coming just around the corner? Or are we up for some more Florida reenactments? I shall wait it out and see what the rest of this Texas experience shall be.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sooooooo excited about fall!!!!!

    isn't apple cider just apple juice made with the rotten apples? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're really liking fall in Texas? Dearest, you need to visit fall farther north. Please tell me you've seen leaves change colors before (like yellow and orange and red, NOT brown.) Fall is one of the things I missed when moving to Texas. Oh, and I completely agree with you about cider.

    ReplyDelete