Friday, October 11, 2013

Rejoice in the Lord Always

Lately I've been thinking a lot about joy.

Last night I was blessed to be able to attend Mass with the Legion of Mary of the Diocese of Austin.  This Mass might be in my top five favorite Masses ever- the music was great, the homily was short (and bilingual), the readings were relevant, and every thing was about Mary.  Mary has been a big part of my life but the most important thing I have learned from Mary was to be joyful in the Lord.  You always hear about Mary being joyful... except during the Crucifixion of Christ.  

King David showed his joy by dancing before the Lord.  Saint Cecilia showed her joy by singing.  My best friend shows her joy by dancing and my other best friend shows her joy by making cheesy jokes.  My youngest goddaughter shows her joy by smiling her less than toothy grin while trying to hand me a lizard I didn't know she was carrying.  Joy has so many different faces, but the one similarity I have found is that true joy comes with love of God.  

That is why I think I have a new life goal- to make myself as small as possible so that the Holy Spirit can shine through me and be God's joy in the world.  

And that is Gabbie's thought for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment