Thursday, February 02, 2012

What they said...


The time has come, the Gabbie Lady said, for some funny recollections based mostly in truth of things that the smalls have said.  
"That would be like... great" -10, a long, long time ago. 

"Well don't grab the bottom, you dope." -GL
"I'm not dope."- six, when she was five.
"No dear, you are not." -GL

"I think you need some tea... and some sugar... and some stuff that goes on top of sugar." -six, when she was Five

"Oh no! Someone broke the little ball that SOMEONE gave me!!!!!" -Four

"Water is not air" -Ten when she was two after choking on water.

"Seven, will you ever wash my socks." -GL
"No." -Seven
"What if you get married?" -GL
"No." -Seven
"You don't think you'll ever wash your wife's socks?" -GL
"No." -Seven

"What are we having for lunch?" -Eight
"Cold mush... hot sauce... and the grossest kind of beans I can think of." -me
"Cool." -Eight

"And what was Christopher Columbus looking for when he set sail?" -Tia
"Texas!" -Four

"And Saint Gabrielle, pray for us." -Seven
*This one is especially funny to me because he does it every night.  I chortle and think, he's not talking about the Archangel, but rather the saint I am becoming.*

"You are all my minions." -Four
"No, you are the shortest so you have to be our minion." -Seven
"No, because I told you first." -Four

"See, those are dolphin babies.  Those are dog babies.  And those are elephant babies." -me
"Elephants don't have babies.  People have babies." -Four

"What are we having for lunch?" -Eight
"Jim." -me
"Yeah!" -Seven

"We saw a dragon egg today." -Ten
"You mean a Komodo dragon?" -Tio
"No, a dragon egg." -Ten
"An ostrich egg?" -Tio
"No, it was a dragon egg." -Ten
"How could it be a dragon egg?" -Tio
"It was the egg of an extinct dinosaur like creature... that might've resembled a dragon." -me
"I told you we saw a dragon!" -Ten

"We learned about how the sinks is near the period in Egypt." -someone else's kid

"Why do you think they are called beaded lizards?" -me
"Because they are always beated up." -Six

"Why do you think all the hippos have scars on their backs?" -me
"Mating season." -Ten
*What was better was that when she said this she said it loud enough for everyone in the room to hear and more than one adult turned and laughed.  I was not one of them laughing.* 


"Rematch!" -Seven *as they toss a lightsbaer at Joja J.B.*
"Ow!" *as it lands on him.*


"SHARKS!" -Eight
*while watching an educational movie.  I encourage the kids to ask questions and to tell me what they see.  Frequently what they "see" is not actually what they are seeing.*
"They can't be sharks because they don't have a dorsal fins." -me
"Finless sharks!" -Eight

"I'm going to give Joja* J.B. a lightsaber." -Seven, *"uncle" in Russian.*
"No, we don't want a fair fight." -Eight
*The little darlings were going to ambush their weirdest uncle when he came to visit.  It certainly gives incentive not to come and visit.*

"Manatee!" -Eight
"No, that's a Dugong." -me
"No, it's a whale!" -Six
"Actually they just said it's a Dugong.  It's related to a manatee and looks like a manatee but Dugongs live in salt water and manatees don't." -me
"It's a dolphin!" -Four

"WE can't attack Princessa Sarah* or the baby but Joja J.B. is fair game." -Seven
*Their favorite name for their prettiest aunt.*

"What are we eating for lunch?" -Seven
"Whoever asks that question next." -me
"Hey, go ask Gabbie what we are having for lunch." -Seven

No comments:

Post a Comment