Thursday, October 14, 2010

Random... random thoughts

It occurred to me recently that the days in which I have something to say are not the days when have time to write (scarce as they may be). When I do have time to write I find I have nothing to say. In short- my time is better occupied of late, therefore I have decided to compile a list of quotes from my journal that I thought would entertain you all. Unless otherwise stated, these quotes are by me. Perhaps I will go back later and add to this little list and give context. ;)

A woman should speak her mind, but first, she should have a mind to speak.

It is nothing to give in; it is hard to fight back.

"Facts are stubborn things." -John Adams, second president of the United States of America

Just because two people are wrong for one another does not mean there is something wrong with them.

"The heart does things for reasons that reason does not know." -Blaise Paschal Pensees

"God can write straight with crooked lines." -Dr. Riordan

True friendship means true honesty- with yourself and with the other person.

Mourning is not for the dead.

The things you cannot change you learn to accept.

"God's ways are not man's ways and you should not assume that you know either." Dr. Williams

"What profit is it to a man if he gains the whole universe but loses his soul?" -Dr Williams

"Don't feel stupid... you are human." -Abigail

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining annoymous"

"All we have to dcide is what to do with the time that is given to us." -Gandalf

Nothing is completely out of your control.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -Ronald Reagan

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher... and that is a good thing for any man." -Socrates

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln

"Every time I think of you- and I think of you often- I thank God." Corinithians 1:4

"Nyquil ont he rocks... for when you're feelign sick, yet sociable." -Mitch Hedberg

When it coems doenw to it, we all only have three things to offer: a bruised body, a broken heart, and a soul torn by sin. God loves us in spite of this.

I look for a stranger: what I see is a mirror.

Words are moer of a caress than hands ever could be.

We are human... which means were are all naturally stupid.

"Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

You should not go to bed five times in one day and still expect to get anything productive done.

Roommates are not reliable alarm clocks.

If one has trouble with something every previous year of college, why should one expect this thing to get easier?

Laughter isn't alwyas the best way to react to a problem.

You are never too tired to unpack your alarm clock.

"There are two types of people in this world- guys who have tattoos and guys who wish they had tattoos." -Kilawachuk

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." -C.S. Lewis

"The role of a teacher is to cause his students pain." -Dr. Raiger

"Every write I know has trouble writing." -Joseph Heller

"Being vain does not necessarily constitute being attractive."

"Not as bad does not equal good."

1 comment:

  1. TWO quotes about the alarm clock incident? At least I make an impression. :p

    ReplyDelete