Monday, July 12, 2010

Hellen: A place to start

A month and a half ago I graduated with my first degree. I say my first because my mother keeps on saying this because she believes I am not done with school yet. I am not yet in a position to disagree with this statement so I must defer to her wisdom as, unlike me, I suspect she might have acquired some. My graduation from college has catapulted me into the final transition from child to adult. My recent move to Texas has severed the last of the apron strings and though I don't count myself "on my own" yet, I do feel I am at last superglued into the world of the adults.
At the ripe old age of twenty-one I feel that I have very little wisdom to share with the world that would truly benefit anyone. That being said, I do believe that it is those that are not heard enough that have the most important thing to say. In my, albeit, short life, I have learned many things: among the most important I have learned that perspective is invaulable, given enough time you will regret whatever you do or not do, it's not where you're going but what you do to get there, humans desire love, acceptance, and companionship, in that order, there is no price tag on truly perfect moments, God is unwaveringly with us through it all- whether I want Him to be or not, and that no ammount of channel surfing will make the Patriots win the Super bowl.

When my Mother was a little girl she prayed that God would make her life interesting because she never wanted to be bored. I remember her telling me this as a small child after one of my many visits to the Emergency Room. In my folly, I prayed for the same thing because there is nothing worse than being bored at the age of four. I do not know whether I was wise or unwise then but I do recall that Hellen Keller once said that "Life is either one grand adventure, or nothing." Well, my life has been an adventure thus far... here's hoping nothing changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment