Friday, May 23, 2014

Anne Morgan

Anne Morgan  was an American philanthropist who aided relief efforts to American Allies in Europe during the First and Second World War. She was well educated, well traveled, and did some pretty interesting things in her life. Anne Morgan died in the 1950's; I did not.

That begin said, I've heard my other name, (Annemarie) repeated as "Anne Morgan" more often than I care to recall. When I worked at the Church I would regularly see and hear my name misquoted. It got to be a regular joke among the Office Staff, so much so that I began writing a list. Below are some of my favorites.

Anne Morgan
Annry
Henrí
Henry
Emory
Emmy
Sabrina
Lilia
Sharon
Amber
Kris
Amy
Emily
Amberly
Ebony

Henry was my favorite; I got that at least once a week. Maybe I should try to pronounce that particular name a little better, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment