Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blessed with Regrets

I like to listen to people. Almost as much as I like talking. I like meeting new people and listening to their stories of all the adventures they've ever had. I like to hear what they think is important. I like to think about how they tell a story, not just what they say. I like to dwell on what they don't say. And then I like to pray for them. And yet, as poignant as their joy is, the thing that stays with me longer than their faces, are their regrets.

When I was younger than I am now, and far more naive, I wanted to make it my life's goal to live my life without regrets. For the most part I have for which I am eternally grateful. My latest goal is to not be bogged down by the things I regret like the people who tell me their stories. Now I know I won't make it through life unscathed by my regrets but now I want to live for my hopes and remember that I am so very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment