Friday, May 10, 2013

The incident with the grocery cart

I have many funny stories from work.  Unfortunately for me I can't tell very many of them.  Equally so I cannot share all of my funny stories from home.  And I am willing to share maybe two funny stories from when I hang out with my friends.  This funny story I can share because

Well, I had a great Tuesday! I went grocery shopping and in my infinite adult wisdom I decided it would be a lovely idea to ride my overly full grocery cart... down a hill... on a ramp.  I assumed I would be perfectly safe because there were guardrails on either side and I could see if anyone was coming.  Okay, maybe I could see a few feet in front of me.  It was exhilarating as I sped down the hill, the wind rippling through my hair, the plastic bags cracking.  What I didn't factor in was that something might fall off the cart, most importantly, me.  

An improperly loading twelve pack fell off the front and where a few seconds before I was flying through the air on my grocery cart, I began to fly through the air sans grocery cart, head over handle bars.  Did I mention that I was also wearing three inch heels at the time.  Don't worry.  By the time I stopped moving, I wasn't wearing my shoes anymore.

And that is how I hurt my ankle, riding a grocery cart.  If there is a boring way to do things I haven't found it yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment