Friday, April 12, 2013

The car light

Last week my brake light went out.  It happens about once a year (alternating lights) and I've gotten rather good about changing them out myself... if it wasn't so hard to use the screw driver.  The hardest part though, is walking into the auto store and explaining that I want a new light bulb.

"Are you sure you need a new light?"

"Yes."

"What is the make and model?"

"Chrysler PT Cruiser."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"You should try this new product.  We highly recommend it to extend the life of brake lights."

"Oil?"

"Sure... and while we're at it we should add a few other products."

"Not today."

"Which light is it?"

"Lower rear brake light."

"Are you sure? We can check."

"I'm sure. I usually change it myself."

"Really?"

"I have a lot of brothers."

"OH!" 

Usually after that they leave me alone and stop trying to sell me things I don't want and second guessing me.  The really sad part is that I figured out most of what I know about cars after I moved to Texas... but I don't need to tell them that.  Ladies, do any of you have trouble going shopping at Auto shops?

No comments:

Post a Comment