Monday, January 07, 2013

Ano Nuevo

So let's talk about the new year.  I know I haven't posted much in the last month (okay, really since October) but that's because of my new job, where I get PAID to write five pages a week, in fun colors and formats, using a program that I had never heard of three months ago, and it only minorly drives me insane.

Last week I had to call in and not get to do all my favorite things about this job because I was sporting an impressive 102.4 fever and didn't feel like sharing. I spent New Year's Eve tucked into a makeshift bed on the couch, sleeping soundly, awakening only to the sound of George's collar (Attila's new kitten) ringing as he pounced on my toes.  It was... pleasant.  I enjoyed not requiring as many blankets as I usually do but I missed ringing in the New Year, for the second year running.  Last year I was sick too... but I stayed up a little bit to watch Captain America with Tio and Tia.  It was... pleasant.

When I returned to the world and life as we know it, after my fever went down, it was to be pounced upon by Norbert, the Captain's dog which he got for Christmas and after the dragon in Harry Potter.  I like him.  The dog.  Even if he does think my socks are the best thing to chew on, regardless of whether I am wearing them or not. 

What is this!  The Captain got a dog, Atilla got a kitten! For Christmas! BEST PARENTS EVER!!!!  Factor in that Napoleon is getting a million little lady bugs and I'd have to agree.  

My grandmother likes to say (the living one) that she is amazed at my writing ability and tacitly points out, "You didn't get that from me."  In my mind I know I am a good writer... largely because I have an inflated image of myself.  Normally I think about a topic for a few days, sit down, write, and then come back a few days later and edit.  That's what I do at work.  That's what I do when I work on my private stuff.  Today, I did none of those things.  Hence my weird, Ano Nuevo post... which is a week late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment