Thursday, November 01, 2012

The Continued Adventures of The Gabbie Lady Part the First

I really hate remembering to remember things.  I am always forgetting where I left my phone, my shoes, my purse, my mind... but for once I think it is necessary that I update the world on the last few months.

Everyone always tells me that you are not really healed until it does not hurt anymore but I do not think that is true.  If it does not hurt any more it was never really broken.  When I fell off my bike in high school I did not do anything worse than bruise up my left leg and it still hurts when it gets cold.  My toes tingle from where my eldest brother ran a sofa over it my freshman year of college and they still hurt before it rains.  Due to this my definition of "healing" is different than others.  It may never be the same as before but at least I can laugh about it now.

Last summer when I went to Texas many of my family members set me up, with varying degrees of hilarity ensuing.  When I returned to Texas I was still happily (and without regret) single.  Then I ran into an old college friend from Ave and, well, we... talked.  Anyone who has seen me through any relationship knows that I do not rush into things.  I do not take chances and I spend the first few weeks trying to scare him off.  I discuss everything at length before I allow my heart to get involved.  I let him in... and he broke my heart.  I was so upset that I called my Father, a situation I would normally avoid because neither of us enjoy lengthy phone calls.  Anyways, his advice was to let the brigand go (okay, he did not say it that way but I really should not repeat it as he said it).  Maybe this is why I have not been writing as much as I did earlier in the year?  Anyways, I have not spoken to him since and I really believe that if our paths cross ever again it would be the act of an unfeeling God.

Shortly after that I started working at a broker company called 360 Partners.  I worked there just over a month when I was offered a better position closer to home and with better hours.  The broker company and I parted on amicable terms and life continued.  The only real difference was that I was now working at a Church Office.  I jokingly say I run the lives of three priests but really, I spend my days running a parish, and I must say that it agrees with me.  

I have been learning Spanish again.  I admit that this is something that I have missed but I laugh at the setup in the office.  Everyone who is learning English is not allowed to speak in Spanish.  And everyone who is learning Spanish (i.e. me) are not allowed to speak English.  This some times sets the day for very laughable circumstances as we scramble through our Spanish English Dictionaries and more than once I have replied in the wrong language including Russian, French, Italian, and on one occasion Chinese.  I think my brain is wired wrong.

I'll come back and finish this later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment